Saturday, July 26, 2014

HP Prime: Drawing the Pareto Curve

This program draws the Pareto Curve given a list of frequencies.

Program Name:  PARETO(list of frequencies)

This is best called from the Home Screen and not the program catalog.  The curve drawn is not tracable, but is able to used without having to switch apps.  

 EXPORT PARETO(flist)
// 2014-07-25 EWS
BEGIN
// frequency list
LOCAL lx,ly,I,J,n;
// Setup
n:=SIZE(flist);
lx:=MAKELIST(X,X,1,n);
ly:=flist/ΣLIST(flist);
ly:=REVERSE(SORT(ly));
ly:=cumSum(ly);
// Draw the Curve
RECT();
Xmin:=0; Xmax:=n+1; Xtick:=1;
Ymin:=0; Ymax:=1.1; Ytick:=0.1;

FOR I FROM 1 TO n-1  DO
LINE(lx(I),ly(I),lx(I+1),ly(I+1),#FFh);
END;

FOR I FROM 1 TO n DO
TEXTOUT(ROUND(ly(I),2),lx(I),ly(I),1,#80h);
TEXTOUT(I,I,0,1,#FF0000h);
LINE(I,0,I,1,#D0D0D0h);
END;

FOR I FROM 0.1 TO 1 STEP 0.1 DO
LINE(0,I,n,I,#D0D0D0h);
END;

WAIT(0);
RETURN ly;
END;







Example:  A list of frequencies:  {4, 8, 9, 5}.  Note that the biggest frequency is plotted first, as the program first arranges the frequencies from largest to smallest.  Each point will show the cumulative percentage of the total population.  A list of the cumulative percentages will be returned to the home screen.

Pareto Curve Plot
List of Cumulative Percentages






Eddie


This blog is property of Edward Shore.  2014



  Casio fx-7000G vs Casio fx-CG 50: A Comparison of Generating Statistical Graphs Today’s blog entry is a comparison of how a hist...